Law 9 : Ball in and out of Play
The ball is out of play:
- when it has wholly crossed the goal-line or touch-line,
whether on the ground or in the air.
- when the game has been stopped by the Referee.
The ball is in play at all other times from the start of the
match to the finish including:
- if it rebounds from a goal-post, cross-bar or
corner-flag post into the field of play.
- if it rebounds off either the Referee or Linesmen when
they are in the field of play.
- in the event of a supposed infringement of the Laws,
until a decision is given.
Decisions of the International F.A. Board
- The lines belong to the areas of which they are the
boundaries. In consequence, the touch-lines and the
goal-lines belong to the field of play.
[Rules.] [Law 8:
The Start of Play.] [Law 10: The Method
of Scoring. ]